What is Voices Action Change (VAC) about?
Voices Action Change (VAC) is a fast-paced project on behalf of the Cardiff and Vale Area Planning Board to ensure people who use substance misuse services and their families are involved at the heart of how services are designed, run and reviewed.
Voices Action Change will ensure ‘service user involvement’ is meaningful, accessible and part of the day to day culture in substance misuse services.
We will work with people who use services and their families, people with lived experience, service providers and the Area Planning Board support team to make this happen.
Your voice matters! Get involved:
- In our regular events and fun activities
- In our training
- As a Voices Action Change Representative
- As a one-off or longer term, telling us about your experiences and ideas
- Talk about us with others
- Follow and share our social media
- As a service provider, engaging your service
A fast-paced project from May 2021 – March 2022, the project will have a number of stages, created with people with lived experience and aiming for genuine co-production throughout. We want this project to be positive, optimistic and to drive real change.
- Recruit staff and volunteers with lived experience to drive the project forward
- Develop the model with people with lived experience, creating varied and genuine opportunities for people to engage
- Publicise and raise awareness
- Create a steering group
- Engage service users
- Engage ‘early adopter’ services
- ‘Map’ opportunities for service user engagement across Cardiff and Vale Area Planning Board
- Work with services to audit and develop service user involvement within services
- A rolling programme of activities for people using services, who might use services, carers, young people and others whose voice is rarely heard
- A rolling programme of training, development and support for people with lived experience
- Share and celebrate
- Recommendations for the future
questions soon to be answered…
- What does service user involvement mean to Voices Action Change (V-A-C)?
- What does co-production mean to Voices Action Change (V-A-C)?
- What activities can I get involved in?
- What volunteer roles can I get involved in?
- What training and support is available?
- What do services need to do?
- Do I need to be ‘stable’ to contribute?
- Do I need to be currently using services to contribute?
- What is the steering group and who sits on it?
- What is the project group and who sits on it?
How to get involved
Have you / are you using substance misuse services in Cardiff and the Vale?
Are you a carer of someone who does?
Are you a substance misuse service provider in Cardiff and the Vale?
You can use our anonymous (optional) suggestions box to share your experiences and give any suggestions you may have about substance misuse services. This also gives you the chance to sign up (optional) to our news about events, training and more. I want to share!
Could you be a vac rep?
VAC Rep roles:
- Interview panellists
- Participating in Cardiff and Vale Area Planning Board groups (Children and Young People, Harm Reduction, Alcohol, Treatment, Therapies and Clinical Governance)
- Outreach reps
- Training and event co-facilitators
- Experts by experience reps
- If you think you could support with anything else e.g. social media, translation, workshops etc.
Fill out our VAC interest form so we can get in touch and answer any questions you may have: I want to know more!
You can find out more about Voices Action Change (V-A-C) partners here: